Go inside the worlds of art, fashion, design, and lifestyle.
In our third installment of In the Bag, we ask Visionaire co-founder and fashionista, Cecilia Dean, what she’s packing for Miami. We love Dean for her elegance and overall fabulousness, but more for her commitment to establishing meaningful relationships between art and fashion. You can see her work in action this week as she, along with partner-in-crime, actor and makeup artist James Kaliardos, host FREE STORE, an interactive installation by Jonathan Horowitz in which visitors are encouraged to, “Bring stuff in you can’t use, take stuff away that you can.” FREE STORE opens at SLS Hotel South Beach on Thursday, December 6.
1. FREE STORE tote bag. James Kaliardos and I are hosting an event with NET-A-PORTER.COM & MR PORTER.COM, so I will be prominently sporting this tote.
2. A velvet Courreges jacket from Jonathan Horowtiz’s FREE STORE. This was donated by Italo Zucchelli (menswear designer at Calvin Klein). He won’t be in Miami, but he still wanted to participate, so I’ll be taking this down with me. What a great find for one of our guests.
3. Olivier Theysken dress from Theysken’s Theory Spring 2013 collection to wear to a party.
4. The book I am currently reading: Eat the City: A Tale of the Fishers, Foragers, Butchers, Farmers, Poultry Minders, Sugar Refiners, Cane Cutters, Beekeepers, Winemakers, and Brewers Who Built New York by Robin Shulman.
5. Dr. Alkaitis face cleanser.
6. Nicholas Kirkwood Elaphe, patent and metallic leather wedges
7. Flat screen TV for Jonathan Horowitz’s FREE STORE from curator Simon Castets
8. I always go to the beach with my Art Production Fund towel. I like the Kehinde Wiley.
9. I am brining a copy of Visionaire 62 RIO for Jonathan Horowitz’s FREE STORE. (Limited-edition archival Visionaires will be available exclusively online through NET-A-PORTER.COM & MR PORTER.COM for the holiday shopping season).
10. BYREDO Leather Travel Case Nécessaire De Voyage.